A couple of Associations did hear about National Volunteer Week
Kudos to several associations and a couple of ubercool volunteers so recognized the importance of getting involved in National Volunteer Week. I prodded earlier that association’s didn’t get it and while I think these examples are good, I still say we have a long-way to go baby.
Here are ideas from 3 associations (can you find more??):
- ASAE said thanks! (albeit a blanket thank you, but a thank you!)
- AIHA did a little podcast celebrating their volunteers http://bit.ly/ian079 which @craigsorrell shared.
- PRSA_MD sent a few tweets and started a thank you chain on their Facebook page …
Here are some from a few smart people:
- KiKi L’Italien posted this great video, this personal thank you video and hosted a great #assnchat on the subject not to mention a recap on her weekly Social Media SweetSpot. On this last item, I heard about TX Society of Association Executives using the week for a “talent call”
- Lori Halley shared recognition tips on the Wild Apricot Blog.
- Shannon Otto offered a few ideas for thanking volunteers on the MemberClicks Splash blog.
- Leslie White looked at why associations may not have a “learned behavior” re volunteer management – and how to change that.
So let’s look ahead to 2012’s week – April 15-21… and here’s a starting point: Engaging Volunteer’s round-up from VolunteerMatch’s resource library. And for some inspiration check out #NVW11.