Links for Chapter Leaders
I haven’t been very active in this playground because I’ve been spending more time on a new playground More than PR Basics helping our PRSA Maryland chapter launch a blog (and plan and build a phenomenal 1-day event about the marriage of traditional and new media for pr professionals which takes place Tuesday Oct 6) and in Hootsuite land helping two nonprofits get involved in the Twitter conversation.
My focus on our chapters and their respective social media efforts has been fun and has reminded me that we do need to nurture and coach our leaders for success. To that end, here are some links that are definitely worth sharing with your chapter leaders (and really any and all volunteer leaders) to help them succeed:
- How LiveStrong Uses Social Media to Animate Its Community – great resource for ideas on building community without building more events
- Building a Buzz before, during and after an event – it’s not just the 90-minutes in the session; when you leverage the event it draws more members in and builds for the next
- 7 Small “Mind Shifts” for When You Lack Discipline – volunteer leaders often chew off more than they can bite – particularly at the local level – here’s some advice for them
- Why Mailings Over Phone Calls – an important question and in this blog and response and a nudge for us to pick up the phone
- Tips for Being an Energizer – leaders need to be the energy center and here are a few tips to be that center
- The Xer Meme – have we sold out? – this makes the list because we need to listen to the voices from all generations and it’s a great case study of someone posting a thought and having the community reply from all avenues … start with Maddie Grant‘s, check out KiKi L’Italien’s and follow the tags.
- 23 Free Webinars for Nonprofits in Oct – consider hosting a post-webinar “what it means to us” or “how I can use this” with chapter leaders.