- What if began the conversation on chapters with “how do members want to engage locally”?
- What if we replaced "volunteering" with "engaging" and "member" with "citizen"?
- What if we evolved traditional chapters into flexible local networking groups?
- What if we replaced chapter boards with project teams and morphed full-time volunteer positions into ad-hoc jobs?
- What if we applied just-in-time concepts to volunteer training and support?
These are the types of questions that keep Mariner fired up. We believe that associations have existed since the 1800's because associating is fundamental to humans. We also believe though change is fundamental. Just as society has evolved through the ages - industrial to information to social - associations must too. So, whether it's guiding our management clients or collaborating with our consulting clients, we ask the questions that count and seek unconventional wisdom. And, we follow the compass. This has led us to the Chapter of Future, Chapter Dashboard, Embracing Volunteer Adhocracy and exciting projects like Rebuilding The Volunteer Spirit.
We think of ourselves as association executives, dedicated volunteers and - yes - mariners.