Day 12 … Let’s just say that when I read Carol Kinsey Goman’s post Seven Seconds to Make a First Impression on the Forbes blog it struck a chord. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen chapter leaders make all the classic mistakes including #1 in Carol’s list. They start off a meeting with a shrug like the meeting is a burden or a grimacing smile suggesting “let’s get started so we can get it over”. And then the meeting goes downhill.
This post along with a few others will make a good summer reading list for chapter leaders:
- 5 Body Language Secrets Every Leader Should Know, alsoby Carol Kinsey Goman
- Emotions are Contagious by Jamie Notter
- Board Members: Rocket Fuel or Rocks by Lucy P Marcus on the Harvard Business Review blog
- Does Your Organization Need Cultural Rehab by Lori Halley on the Wild Apricot Blog. It offers a number of links that are good reads too.
- The Fundmental Purpose of Your Team, another post from Harvard Business Review, this written by Linda Hill and Kent Lineback
Happy reading! Any to add??